Spot or Pantone® Colors were invented for the world of lithographic printing, where ink was specially mixed to create specific colors. If you print with a spot color you are actually putting a special color of ink on the printing press to produce that very precise color. However, spot colors could be expensive. For that reason, some printing is done using a combination of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black ink on a four color press to try to replicate your Spot or special colors. And while 4 color process printing is an accepted practice the best way to assure consistently vivid reproduction of your brand colors is to utilize spot colors. This is especially important for your brand identity pieces such as your business cards and stationery.
Online Printing System is a prepress process that bridges the gap between online digital content and commercial print production. The process allows a print house, a client or a graphic designer to create, edit, and approve computer-based online templates during the prepress phase. This process increasingly calls for a Portable Document Format (PDF) workflow environment with output provided by digital printing.
The print ordering process is easy. Read the information below to make the ordering process as smooth and easy as possible.
Select and Price Your Print Job Instantly
- Find the product desired and enter the specifications for your job, e.g. paper stock, size, quantity, etc.
- The Price Calculator will display the price of that based on options selected
- Type in the delivery zip code to get a shipping quote, too
Create Your Design File
- If you're not a designer, enlist our Graphic Design Services to create your print file or choose on of these three options
- Custom Design: lets you customize the products. Click it to open the design studio and use multiple tools to create your own design.
- Upload Design: using this option, you can upload your own JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, EPS, AI, PDF and PSD images.
- Browse Design: use this to select hundreds of pre-loaded templates. Work on them or customize them through our design studio.
Submit Your Order
- Indicate where you want the order delivered
- Provide your billing information
- Use your Visa, Mastercard or American Express or set up an account with Tuttle
- Submit your order with confidence on our secure site
This solution will make your company run more efficiently and profitably by streamlining your business processes, maximizing your resources and eliminating redundant operations.
The site currently supports eight major and popular print products as listed. We are shortly going to introduce more products like mailing labels, vinyl stickers, catalogs, banners, calendars, and door hangers.
The type of paper used for different purposes is expressed in weight. The paper we specify for writing (letterhead, letterhead envelopes and similar stationery) is a higher end writing paper that you can choose between cotton content and recycled content. Other text weight papers can range between 20# to 100#. We recommend the heavier stock as they print better and make a stronger impression to the recipient. Lighter text weight would be used for books and other multi-paged products where heavier weight could be problematic. Paper used for business cards, postcards, greeting cards, etc. is printed on a heavier stock called cover or card stock.
There are three options for designing and customizing a product. Click a product on the left-hand panel and choose one of the options.
1. Custom Design: lets you customize the products. Click it to open the design studio and use multiple tools to create your own design.
2. Upload Design: using this option, you can upload your own JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, EPS, AI, PDF and PSD images.
3. Browse Design: use this to select hundreds of pre-loaded templates. Work on them or customize them through our design studio.
Coated papers are available in two finishes – glossy (shiny and smooth) and matte (flat and lusterless). Both of these papers print well and allow the color to have good ink hold out. It is personal preference as to which one should be used. Uncoated papers are used for stationery printing as well as other products and provide a softer and more tactile feel. We have specified the most popular papers on the website but Tuttle is able to procure and print on almost any paper you specify although some special request papers may require higher minimums and longer lead times.
Our system supports RGB (red, green, blue) for producing digital prints. We have accurately mapped color pallet to match RGB to CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, key) to ensure proper 4-color printing.
300 dpi (dots per inch) is the resolution of the output PDF file.
We use offset printing, which provides the highest quality of print material for both text and images.
No, the price list indicates basic prices of products against the speculative quantities. The prices are calculated with regard to the most basic paper/card types, sizes and single side printing. As you know, the final printing cost depends on many parameters: paper/card weights or thickness (GSM/Pt), glossy or matt finish, 2 or 4 colors, square or rounded corners, single or double side printing, quantity, destination shipping charges and the mode of transport. Please use the indicative prices for calculating the basic cost. Once you place the order using the above parameters, we will quickly mail you the final, exact cost.